Dune HD Magic 4K
€109.00 incl.VAT (clarification after selecting a country on checkout)
4Kp60 HDR10+ Media Player on Amlogic S905X3.
2GB+16GB, USB 3.0, 1Gbit Ethernet, WiFi ac 2T2R, BT, YouTube 4K HDR, WV L1, NFS, SMB, file server.
Out of stock
4Kp60 HDR10+ Media Player and Android Smart TV box
on Amlogic S905X3.
2GB+16GB, USB 3.0, 1Gbit Ethernet, WiFi ac 2T2R, BT, YouTube 4K HDR, WV L1, NFS, SMB, file server.
S905X3 media processor
- The modern Amlogic S905X3 media processor gives more power and supports new technologies.
2 GB operating memory
- The media player contains 2 GB of RAM, which is 2 times more than the previous generation of media players powered by Amlogic processors. This ensures good performance of apps.
16 GB flash memory
- The media player contains 16 GB of flash memory, which is 2 times more than the previous generation of media players powered by Amlogic processors. This gives more space for apps and internal storage.
USB 3.0 port
- The USB 3.0 port ensures the best performance of USB HDDs and other storage devices.
- The 1Gbit Ethernet port allows you to get maximum performance with a wired connection.
Dual-band 802.11ac 2T2R Wi-Fi
- The media player is equipped with dual-band Wi-Fi supporting 802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz + 5.0 GHz), with 2T2R support (double performance) and two external Wi-Fi antennas, which allows you to play a high-bitrate content through the air.
- The built-in Bluetooth interface allows you to easily connect various remote controls, wireless keyboards, mice, joysticks, audio speakers, headphones, headsets and other devices.
Bluetooth remote with microphone, IR learning, Air Mouse
- An additional Bluetooth remote controls the set-top box via a radio channel, provides the Microphone function for Voice Search in applications which support it, and has IR learning function that allows you to configure the remote control to control not only a media player, but also a TV or other equipment. It also provides the AirMouse function for convenient control of Android applications not optimised for controlling via a conventional remote.
+50% faster CPU
- The media player has a 4-core ARM A55 CPU – which is +50% faster than 4-core ARM A53 used in the previous generation media players.
+50% faster GPU
- The media player has the new GPU Mali-G31 – which is +50% faster than Mali-450 used in the previous generation media players.
- The media player supports not only HDR technology (supported by the previous generation of media players), but also the more advanced HDR10+ technology. In conventional HDR technology, the brightness range is set at the beginning of the film and does not change during the film, so completely dark and completely bright scenes may have insufficient detail. In the HDR10+ technology, the brightness range can vary from frame to frame, so the maximum picture detail is provided even in scenes that contain only dark or only light elements.
VP9 profile 2 and YouTube 4K HDR support
- The media player supports not only the old VP9 video codec (which does not support HDR), but also the newest VP9 profile 2, which supports HDR and which is used in YouTube for 4K HDR content.
Widevine L1 and premium video services
- Support for Widevine Level 1 DRM (the most advanced DRM level) makes it possible to watch premium online video services with HD and Ultra HD video quality. Media players w/o Widevine Level 1 support can only output Standard Definition video in such services.
Flicker-free framerate/resolution switching
- Dune HD media players implement its own advanced flicker-free approach for automatic framerate and resolution switching, which performs video mode switching before the start of file playback (rather than after). Most other Realtek-based media players perform video mode switching after the start of file playback, which causes unpleasant flickering.
Linux-based Dune HD OS
- The media player runs a unique hybrid OS which consists of a Linux-based Dune HD OS (to ensure stable operation and smooth media playback) and Android OS (to support Android applications), which run simultaneously.
- For Android applications, the media player uses a modern Android version 9.0. This provides improved support for the newest Android apps.
Dune HD Android Playback Accelerator technology
- This unique technology intellectually manages the resources of Android OS to minimize the influence of Android OS on the media playback engine and ensure smooth and high-quality video and audio playback.
Dune HD ecosystem
- Based on open Dune HD SDK and APIs, various TV-optimized applications, plugins, extensions, GUI skins, collection management solutions, integrations with home automation systems are available via official Dune Store, 3-party vendors, and from the huge user’s community.
Dune HD UI
- The famous Dune HD UI, developed and polished during more than 12 years, specially optimized for the use on TV screens and operation via a standard remote control, tuned for the best possible usability, makes it easy and convenient to use the media player.
Dune HD movies organizer and movies encyclopedia
- “My Collection” function organizes a user’s movies collection into a nice looking catalog. A comprehensive movies encyclopedia provides the information about hundreds of thousands of movies with detailed descriptions, posters, cross-links between movies and persons, trailers, direct links to online video services, etc. Advanced file browser automatically recognizes movies.
Dune HD mobile app
- The unique Dune HD mobile app (Dune Control) for iOS and Android mobiles devices provides full access to all functions of Dune HD media player in a very convenient and powerful way. It fully replaces the standard IR remote control, allows browsing and choosing the media content directly on your mobile device (the menu shown on the mobile device mirrors the menu shown on the TV screen), and includes Now Playing section for convenient media playback control.
- The media player provides the powerful IP Control interface and has a lot of options for integration into Smart Home and Home Automation systems, such as Control4 and Crestron.
Built-in file server
- The media player has a built-in SMB file server. The content of the drives connected to the player and internal memory of the player is easily accessible on a PC and other devices in the local network via the SMB protocol.
Proven history of software updates during a very long period
- Dune HD is known for its reputation to listen to user’s feedback and provide software updates for many years. For example, for some old models, software updates with additional functions are provided for more than 10 years already. This is possible due to the unique “single code base” approach, which means that firmware for all Dune HD models is based on the same software (continuously developed and improved according to user’s feedback)
Media processor: Amlogic S905X3
Operating memory: 2 GB
Flash memory: 16 GB
Wi-Fi: Dual Band 2.4+5 GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac 2T2R, two internal Wi-Fi antennas
Bluetooth: Bluetooth with dedicated internal Bluetooth antenna
Power supply: external, DC 12V (1A), AC 100-240V
Dimensions (W x H x D): 101mm x 26mm x 101mm
OS: Linux-based Dune HD OS + Android 9.0
Media sources: external HDDs (USB), USB devices (USB flash drive, USB card reader, etc), built-in micro SD card slot, PC and NAS in local network (SMB, NFS, UPnP/DLNA, HTTP), other Internet and local network media sources
1x USB 3.0 host + 1x USB 2.0 host: enjoy the great performance of USB 3.0; conveniently connect USB HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers, USB DVD/BD drives, USB hubs and other USB devices
Micro SD card slot: conveniently use micro SD memory cards
HDMI 2.1 output: output any video signal up to the most modern 4Kp60 HDR
A/V output (composite video + analog stereo audio): connect to any A/V equipment
Optical S/PDIF: output digital audio to A/V receiver or external DAC via S/PDIF
Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbit/s: ensure the best performance when connecting to your local network via cable
Power input: 12V DC
4K HDR10+ video playback: decode 4K video content in various popular formats including H.265 10-bit and VP9 profile 2 up to 4Kp60 HDR and HDR10+
4K HDR10+ video output: output 4K content up to 4Kp60 HDR and HDR10+ with pixel-to-pixel precision to 4K TV
HEVC: play video encoded using the latest H.265 codec. 2x picture quality increase over H.264
VP9 profile 2: play YouTube 4K HDR content
10-bit color encoding: play video encoded using the latest standards, with support for 1 billion of colors
HDR: play video in the newest HDR (High Dynamic Range) format. Superb picture contrast and details
HDR10+: the most latest and advanced HDR technology from Samsung. More details in bright and dark scenes
Video output framerate: automatic (according to the played content) and manual; 23.976 Hz support
Auto framerate: output video with original framerate to ensure absolute smooth playback for all kinds of content
Auto resolution: output video with original resolution for best picture via Hi-End external video processing
True 24p output: ensure perfectly smooth playback of Hollywood movies due to full support for 23.976 framerate
Flicker-free auto framerate/resolution switching: HDMI video mode switching exactly before playback start, not after
Advanced media player: play video in MKV and other modern video file formats, including top quality 4K and HD with very high bit rates (100 Mbit/s+)
Video file formats: MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, ISO, folders
Video codecs: MPEG2, MPEG4, XVID, WMV9, VC1, H.264, H.265, H.265 10-bit, VP9, VP9 profile 2; support for very high bitrate video up to 100 Mbit/s and higher
Video upscaling: high-quality upscaling of SD video content to 4K, Full HD 1080p and other HD resolutions
3D video: play popular 3D video formats, including Side-by-Side and Top-and-Bottom
HLS: ensure the best quality of Internet video using Apple HLS adaptive bitrate streaming protocol
DASH: get access to the newest Internet video services using MPEG-DASH adaptive bitrate streaming protocol
Super Audio CD: play top quality SACD music files in various formats (stereo)
Audio codecs: MPEG-1/2 layer I/II/III, AAC, LPCM, FLAC, multichannel FLAC, Vorbis, WavPack, APE (Monkey’s Audio), ALAC (Apple lossless), SACD DSD (stereo), AC3, DTS
Audio file formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, AAC, WAV, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis, WavPack, APE (Monkey’s Audio), ALAC (Apple lossless), SACD ISO, SACD DSF, SACD DFF, AC3, DTS, DTS-WAV
Subtitle formats: SRT (external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, external SUB/IDX), PGS (ISO, TS, MKV)
Online subtitles: Automatically download subtitles from Internet
Picture file formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP
Photo viewer functions: slideshow, transition effects, picture rotation, zoom, browse playlist, repeat, shuffle
Playlist file formats: M3U, PLS, CUE
Filesystems: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 (read-write), NTFS (read-write), exFAT (read-write), HFS/HFS+ (Mac OS Standard/Extended) (read-only), BTRFS (read-write)
Widevine Level 1 DRM: enjoy premium online video services with High Definition video quality
Smart Home and Home Automation
IP control: integrate the media player with various Home Automation systems via network
Control4: integrate seamlessly into Smart Home installations based on Control4 technology via ready-to-use Control4 driver
Crestron: integrate seamlessly into Smart Home installations based on Crestron technology via ready-to-use Crestron driver
iOS and Android mobile apps: control the media player via the powerful Dune Control mobile application
Media player x1
Bluetooth Remote x1
Batteries AAA x2
Power supply 12V 2A x1
HDMI cable x1
A/V cable 3.5mm-3RCA x1
Quick installation guide x1