World’s first 4Kp60 HDR10+ Media Player and Android Smart TV box on Realtek RTD1619.
High-End video quality, HDR10+, YouTube 4K HDR, BD 4K menu, BD3D, HD audio, 1Gbit Ethernet, WiFi 802.11ac 2T2R, USB 3.0, SATA, HDMI input, 4GB RAM, 32GB flash.
RTD1619 media processor
- Dune HD Pro 4K II is the world’s first media player on the newest RTD1619 media processor – the newest, the most advanced and the most powerful media processor from Realtek.
- The media player supports not only HDR technology (supported by the previous generation of media players), but also the most latest and advanced HDR10+ technology from Samsung. In conventional HDR technology, the brightness range is set at the beginning of the film and does not change during the film, so completely dark and completely bright scenes may have insufficient detail. In the latest HDR10 + technology, the brightness range can vary from frame to frame, so the maximum picture detail is provided even in scenes that contain only dark or only light elements.
VP9 profile 2 and YouTube 4K HDR support
- The media player supports not only the old VP9 video codec (which does not support HDR), but also the newest VP9 profile 2, which supports HDR and which is used in YouTube for 4K HDR content. Most other media players do not support it.
+77% faster CPU
- The media player has a 6-core ARM A55 CPU – which is +77% faster than 4-core ARM A53 used in the previous model Pro 4K.
+50% faster GPU
- The media player has the new GPU Mali-G51 – which is +50% faster than Mali T-820 used in the previous model Pro 4K.
4 GB RAM
- This is 2x more than in the previous model Pro 4K, and gives better performance for the most heavy apps.
32 GB flash
- This is 2x more than in the previous model Pro 4K, and gives more space for most heavy apps and internal storage.
- For Android applications, Dune HD Pro 4K II uses a newer Android version 9.0 instead of Android 7.1 used in the previous model Pro 4K. This provides better support for the newest Android apps.
2x USB 3.0 ports
- Dune HD Pro 4K II has two USB 3.0 ports. The previous model Pro 4K has only one USB 3.0 port.
Other key advantages over competitors
Best-in-class full Blu-ray menu support
- Realtek-based Dune HD media players have the best-in-class support for playback of Blu-ray disc images in full Blu-ray menu mode, including full support for BD-J, BD4K, BD3D, HD audio, obfuscated playlists and seamless branching. Blu-ray images can be played in any format (BD ISO file and BDMV folder) and from any source – local drive (USB, SATA) or network drive (SMB, NFS).
100% smooth Blu-ray playback (full support for seamless branching)
- Dune HD media players are the only Realtek-based players with a fully-functional robust Blu-ray playback engine, which implements 100% complete support for “seamless branching”. This ensures smooth playback of the entire movie w/o any audio/video interruptions, contrary to all competitors.
Flicker-free framerate/resolution switching
- Dune HD media players implement its own advanced flicker-free approach for automatic framerate and resolution switching, which performs video mode switching before the start of file playback (rather than after). Most other Realtek-based media players perform video mode switching after the start of file playback, which causes unpleasant flickering.
Professional-grade controls for video output parameters
- Advanced setup controls allow professional users and installers to fine tune the video output parameters in the best way for a particular setup. In particular, it is possible to configure what chroma subsampling modes should be used for each individual HDMI video mode. The majority of competing media player models do not have such controls.
Widevine L1 and premium video services
- Support for Widevine Level 1 DRM (the most advanced DRM level) makes it possible to watch premium online video services with HD and Ultra HD video quality. Media players w/o Widevine Level 1 support can only output Standard Definition video in such services.
Linux-based Dune HD OS
- The media player runs a unique hybrid OS which consists of a Linux-based Dune HD OS (to ensure stable operation and smooth media playback) and Android OS (to support Android applications), which run simultaneously.
Dune HD Android Playback Accelerator technology
- This unique technology intellectually manages the resources of Android OS to minimize the influence of Android OS on the media playback engine and ensure smooth and high-quality video and audio playback.
Dune HD ecosystem
- Based on open Dune HD SDK and APIs, various TV-optimized applications, plugins, extensions, GUI skins, collection management solutions, integrations with home automation systems are available via official Dune Store, 3-party vendors, and from the huge user’s community.
Dune HD UI
- The famous Dune HD UI, developed and polished during more than 12 years, specially optimized for the use on TV screens and operation via a standard remote control, tuned for the best possible usability, makes it easy and convenient to use the media player.
Dune HD movies organizer and movies encyclopedia
- “My Collection” function organizes a user’s movies collection into a nice looking catalog. A comprehensive movies encyclopedia provides the information about hundreds of thousands of movies with detailed descriptions, posters, cross-links between movies and persons, trailers, direct links to online video services, etc. Advanced file browser automatically recognizes movies.
Dune HD mobile app
- The unique Dune HD mobile app (Dune Control) for iOS and Android mobiles devices provides full access to all functions of Dune HD media player in a very convenient and powerful way. It fully replaces the standard IR remote control, allows browsing and choosing the media content directly on your mobile device (the menu shown on the mobile device mirrors the menu shown on the TV screen), and includes Now Playing section for convenient media playback control.
- The media player provides the powerful IP Control interface and has a lot of options for integration into Smart Home and Home Automation systems, such as Control4 and Crestron.
Proven history of software updates during a very long period
- Dune HD is known for its reputation to listen to user’s feedback and provide software updates for many years. For example, for some old models, software updates with additional functions are provided for more than 10 years already. This is possible due to the unique “single code base” approach, which means that firmware for all Dune HD models is based on the same software (continuously developed and improved according to user’s feedback).
Other key features
HD audio support
- The media player can output HD audio to the A/V receiver.
Full 3D support
- Support for Side-by-side, Top-to-bottom and MVC (BD3D) formats ensures perfect playback of Full HD video in 3D.
External SATA port
- The media player has an external SATA port (data and power connectors) which can be used to directly connect an external SATA HDD to the media player (w/o the need to use a USB adapter), and enjoy the faster possible performance. It also can be used to connect an optical disc drive.
Optical disc drive support (USB and SATA)
- You can connect an external USB or SATA optical disc drive to play media files and BD/DVD images from optical discs (not encrypted only).
Dual-band 802.11ac 2T2R Wi-Fi and 1Gbit Ethernet
- The media player is equipped with dual-band Wi-Fi supporting 802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz + 5.0 GHz), with 2T2R support (double performance) and two external Wi-Fi antennas, which allows you to play a high-bitrate content through the air. The 1Gbit Ethernet port allows you to get maximum performance with a wired connection.
- The built-in Bluetooth interface allows you to easily connect various remote controls, wireless keyboards, mice, joysticks, audio speakers, headphones, headsets and other devices.
Learning IR remote
- DUNE HD IR Remote with learning function is included.